Mélanie Hélène Bonis, known as Mel Bonis (b. 4th arrondissement of Paris, 21 January 1858 – d. Sarcelles (Val-d’Oise), 18 March 1937) was a prolific French classical composer. She wrote more than 300 compositions, including works for piano solo and four hands, organ pieces, chamber music, mélodies, choral music, a mass, and works for orchestra.
 External links
- Biography on the site Musica et Memoria
- Biography on the site Musicologie.org
- Find-a Grave: Cimetière de Montmartre, Paris – Mel Bonis
- Biography of Mélanie Bonis run by her descendant Contains a list of her compositions and a discography.
- Free scores by Mélanie Bonis in the International Music Score Library Project
|Bonis, Mélanie Hélène|
|21 January 1858|
|18 March 1937|
|Sarcelles (Val-d’Oise), France|
|This article about a French composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.v · d · e|